18th April 2019
Health Systems: Who Pays for Health?
Location: Dubai Science Park Headquarters – North Tower, Al Barsha South 2
On behalf of the Advance Health networking initiative, we would like to invite you to participate in our upcoming session on “Health Systems: Who Pays for Health?” to be held on Thursday 18th April 2019 at Dubai Science Park.
Our Program Schedule:
|09:00-09:10||Welcome & introduction||Marwan Abdulaziz, Managing Director, Dubai Science Park.|
|09:10-09:30||Mandatory, employer based health insurance. Why this was the model of choice for the UAE.||Elie Tohme, Consultant, Dubai Health Authority|
|09:30-09:45||Searching for health system utopia. A global perspective||Margaret Faux, Synapse Medical Services.|
|09:45-10:00||Quality, Safety and Efficiency – Does it matter who pays?||Kandarp Thakkar, Chief Pharmacist, King’s College Hospital London.|
|10:00-10:15||Why health insurers deny claims. It’s a matter of trust.||Joe Hawayek, AETNA.|
|10:15-10:30||Paying the Price for an Insufficient Supply Chain||Stephan Stauffer, Arabian Ethicals.|
|10:45-12:00||Panel discussion: How should we pay for healthcare||Moderator: Marwan Abdulaziz, Managing Director, Dubai Science Park|
- Margaret Faux, Founder and CEO, Synapse Medical Services “Searching for health system utopia. A global perspective”
- Joe Hawayek, Business Development Director, AETNA “Why health insurers deny claims. It’s a matter of trust.”
- Kandarp Thakkar, Chief Pharmacist, King’s College Hospital London “Quality, Safety and Efficiency – Does it matter who pays?”
- Stephan Stauffer, General Manager, Arabian Ethicals “Paying the Price for an Insufficient Supply Chain”
- Marwan Abdulaziz, Managing Director, Dubai Science Park, Panel Discussion Moderator “How should we pay for healthcare?”
Refreshments will be provided
Below is the location map for the venue. The main road is Umm Suqeim street towards Arabian Ranches. When you see the Dubai Science Park gate, please take right to enter the area and drive straight all the way to the two towers. You should see a service road on your left where you should enter.
This will be the building that you should go to. The event will take place at the Ground floor of the North Tower. Please follow the directions towards basement parking 1 where you can park your car and take the escalator to the ground floor. We have placed wayfinding signages for further directions.
You may also click the following link for google map directions: https://goo.gl/maps/4pn46vd9LA72
Should you require further assistance, please call 04-5683417